Port City Marketing collaborated with staff at Commute Connection, a joint entity of the San Joaquin Council of Governments, Stanislaus Council of Governments, and Merced Council of Governments, to develop a fresh and exciting approach to promoting Bike to Work Week.
- Designed a unified look, logo, and clear brand identity that encompassed positive aspects of bike riding, including the individual health benefits, cost savings, employer benefits, and community benefits.
- The graphics were appropriate for multiple formats to use across social media, websites, and print.
Strategy & Result
The 2014 events saw a 37% increase in participants compared to the year prior.
- Participants rode an average of 2.94 days a week for a distance of 7.6 miles.
- 64.7% of participants continued to bike or walk to work after the event ended.
- Over 15,000 vehicles miles travelled were eliminated, with the result of preventing 12,172 pounds of CO2 emissions, and saving 630 gallons of gasoline.
- Earned media in local papers, television, and on the radio.